Welcome

We hope you enjoy our blog on Kodiak Adventures Lodge. We will be adding new pictures and fishing or hunting stories thru out the year . You never know, your pictures could be on our blog!!

Thursday, September 6, 2012

King Salmon with Kodiak Adventures Lodge


With fall here and summer in the books.  Our guests are still catching kings and coho salmon. The Halibut fishing has been good also. Many of the kings are the treasured white meat king salmon that people in the know who fish kings look for. Many guest also come and have never heard of such a thing.

In our opinion there is a taste difference to them.  Book a trip and come salmon fishing with Kodiak Adventures Lodge at our remote lodge. Get a pole in the water and catch one!!!! You too can find out what all the fuss is about.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When we flew into Kodiak for the first time last week I noticed a 70 lb. White King Salmon mounted above the window that looks onto the airport runway. I thought it curious that it didn't look any paler than the Kings I had caught stateside.

On our return flight I made sure that my wife and parents saw the fish because after our trip to Larry's place I knew what it was! You haven't lived until you've eaten grilled White King Salmon. And if that's not your style then how 'bout White King sashimi? Amazing. They're not so bad to catch either :0 Just ask my mom!